my week



The week . . .
I love Battambang and Cambodia really. It’s so amazing living here. I don’t quite understand why I was chosen to come here and I don’t know exactly what I’m doing, but it’s good.
There’s always something interesting going on and something I don’t quite understand like why the entire bush was covered with dusty red dirt, but the flowers were still pure white- for real. God is amazing. And he is opening my eyes to see so much of who he is here. He is love and he is just. He is truth and he is holy. He is Savior and he is King and God is moving in Battambang.
When I first came it seemed like I had too much free time on my hands, but that has all disappeared these days. I find myself busy the majority of the time and ready to crash soon after dinner to be prepared for the next day. It is a good life though. Even the busyness is not really too much. I’m trying to live in view of eternity and to realize that this life is not supposed to be about me, but it’s been so much fun. I got peed on at the orphanage for the first time, but at least now it’s happened and that’s over with. Jake is still a precious baby. There’s a new little guy there named Samnang. He’s a pretty cool kid about five months old.
The Bible study and church at the hospital is growing. People are getting saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. They are reading the Bible to each other and praying for the sick. The youth from the church are translating for us in different classes and joining us as we go to the hospital and the orphanage. There is so much to learn from all of them. And when I come home at night I am surrounded by a group of people who are learning to live in community and are all seeking God’s heart.  Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts