Courageous Little Men

A few days ago the boys and I went on the bamboo train with some friends. I'd done it once before a few years ago and thought it was fun enough. It was faster than I remembered this time, but really the best part of the day for me was watching how much the boys loved it.




Ru dove in right away showing his characteristic fearless personality.
Rain was slightly timid at first. I had been reassuring him all days as he expressed how afraid he was going to be that it really would be okay. He started off sitting on my lap so tense, but as we continued on he scooted off my lap. He kept inching forward until he was holding the bar at the front of the car starting to realize how much more fun it was to be a little daring, to look down at the track racing by beneath his feet.



As I watched my boys sitting there screaming into the wind and waving their arms in the air I wanted them to know how much I believe in their futures, how much I want them to chase every adventure they find, to really know I am on their side in all they have to face each day now and as they grow up.
They've walked through so much in their short little lives and have learned so much resiliency that sadly they will need as they will inevitably walk through so much more. There is so much of me that wishes I could protect them from it all. To make it that there would not be the need for what they've had to learn, but I am grateful for a God who says while it wasn't meant to be this way I can make all things good. I believe they'll go farther than I have and do far greater things than anything I have done. I am so proud of my courageous little men.


Comments

Emily said…
Looks like so much fun Blue!!!! you're such an amazing mom!!! miss you!!!
Laura Miller said…
Thanks Blue! I miss you too! I'll see you in 2 months!

Popular Posts