Happy Birthday Kids!

Okay,
On Friday we could not have English class at the orphanage because the kids were all cleaning up for a big party on Saturday night for their birthdays. I decided that was okay and started talking to some different people. I spent a decent amount of time talking to one of the house moms and this guy that was there. They invited me to come on Saturday night. The director of the orphanage also invited me to come and help light candles for all of the kids. I said I would see what I could do.
Saturday evening I stopped by for just a few minutes because it was getting dark and I was by myself. The same house I had been at the day before invited me to come and eat dinner with them and how could I refuse Rek'smey's smiling face. So I am sitting in there little house eating dinner with all of them and one of my youth center students from last quarter shows up with someone else and sits down to eat with us as well. I don't exactly understand the who or the why, but it was good to see her again. I had to leave shortly after we ate because it was dark. Some of the older boys that live their still volunteered to walk home with me because I was by myself.
I would have loved to stay for the dancing and lighting the candles, but that's okay. God is moving in their lives. One by one the orphanage is being changed.

Comments

Popular Posts