"I became mom's kid day"

5 years ago today we brought Rain home from the hospital. He was seven months old. He was only supposed to stay for a few months. And most of the time I like to know what's going to happen and how things are going to work out. I'm so glad this happened differently than I expected. It wasn't in my plans for Rain and Ruen to end up staying for more and more months until those months added up into years and until those boys ended up working their way into my life and my heart in more ways than I could ever separate them and we became a family.

I'm so glad that I've been a mom for five years now and I've had the joy of watching that little baby grow into this little man. He is wonderful in all his curiosity and repetitive questions. His laughter is contagious and he has added much joy to my life with his stories, his explanations and his charming smile.

He has grown so much, especially in this past year, and I am proud of him and the way he has chosen to face life head on and embrace the world around him. He has taught me so much and made my life so much richer with the best kind of riches. I'm so glad we get to celebrate him today. He's so glad we get to celebrate "I became mom's kid day."

Comments

Popular Posts