A Letter for Ruen


Ru, there are a few things I'd really like to tell an older version of yourself someday. Like the fact that you bring home animals in your pocket from school or that you sing "away in the manger" when you are using the bathroom, that you say things like "I'm not Khmer, I'm a boy." and "the gate was easier to open this time because I just finished working out." That you thought your ribs were your muscles like Superman has, that you stand on your head and do push-ups with a book on your back so you'll have ab muscles like the man of steel one day.
Really, you're a gem, one of the best I know. And I am so glad to celebrate you today, three years of you in our home. I had no idea what I was getting myself into that morning three years ago, but I am so grateful you came.
God has used you to teach me so many different things and see so much more of the world.
Your curiosity is unmatchable and I am grateful for the way you are persistent in your questions (even when I am tired of answering them.)
Your imagination is brilliant. I would love to know what would happen is Superman met Peter Pan. And it is absolutely wonderful when you say things like "I am so hungry tonight because I have a test tomorrow" because of course that is flawless logic.
You bring so much joy and laughter to our home. Thank you for that.
You are such a kind, bright, creative young man and I am so blessed by you!
I love you buddy!

Comments

Popular Posts