She said no.

I asked a little girl if she'd ever heard about Jesus this week. She said no.
As we were visiting one of our families that lives so, so far away this little girl and several others were able to hear about who Jesus is. For the first time.

And isn't that really what this is all about?

Isn't that really why I'm here.



The grandfather knows how to read and once he had a Bible. He had learned things before, but more than 2 years ago their house caught on fire and in addition to losing all of his identity papers he lost his Bible. He would like another one and to learn more about this Jesus.

We told him we can bring him one the next time we come to visit.

Sometimes it's so easy to lose sight of why I'm here, and I know it shouldn't be, but it is. I know I need God in order to do all of what I do, but when work starts and when life gets busy it's so easy to switch into the mindset of making sure school fees are paid, formula is delivered and all the finances are accounted for. All of those things are important, but Jesus is the goal. Jesus has to be the heart of all of this or it doesn't matter. We can help them get the best education we can find for them, we can find access to the best health care around, but the most important is showing them Jesus. And that is best done through our actions meeting our words.

Comments

Popular Posts