the littlest reminders

If I was to be honest - which I manage to be most of the time - I would have to say that this has not been the easiest year so far. There are all sorts of situations and circumstances and things going on all around me that I am directly and indirectly involved in which have brought an above average number of tears and questions and doubts into my days.

However, I am still standing here and I am still staying here because there is also beauty and hope and life. And maybe it's the hard things that make everything else seem so much more beautiful.

About two weeks ago I found out that one of my friends had her twins almost 2 months early. They weighed 1.7 and 1 kilo each when they were born. They were in incubators in the NICU at the children's hospital on oxygen and hooked up to all sorts of feeding tubes. The original prognosis was not too hopeful, but after finding an infection in the womb the doctors said it was an early delivery or the risk of losing mother and both babies. Each time I've gone to visit their village I've heard little positive updates that remind me of God's faithfulness. Today Phally and Molly are both off of oxygen and should be coming home soon!

Today during King's Kids one of the moms had a baby in the house next to us. I didn't quite understand what they meant when some of the kids told me that Leap's mom was having her baby already. I didn't quite realize at first they meant that she was in her house next to us having her baby right then. She was. Everyone is doing well.  I saw the little girl before her grandmother took her to the health center. It was wonderful to see the women in the community come together to help her.

And there is new life all around and it really does remind me of God's promises. of his faithfulness. of how he makes all things new. of how he is a God who is trustworthy and a God who answers prayers. a God who knows our hearts and it is a wonderful thing to be known.

Comments

Popular Posts