mustardseeds

I've been thinking about this whole idea of faith like a mustardseed lately. So much of what we need to see God do things is not a huge amount of faith at all. Have you ever seen a mustardseed? They're so tiny. So it's not a huge amount that we need at all, but just a little bit of faith, so is God saying he sees so little faith in us, less than the amount of a mustardseed and telling us to get it together, you don't need much people, or is he saying look, you only need the tiniest little piece of faith and can move mountains, you can throw them into the sea. Nothing can stand in your way. There's so much more inside of you than you're giving yourself credit for. So maybe the deal is where are you sticking your faith? You'll never do it, but if you have in me, in King Jesus, and expect him to move that mountain in your life, then yes, it will be thrown into the sea and you will walk on water or walk across the sea on dry land to see that dream you've always held onto as the impossible accomplished from just a tiny seed. Maybe that's what it's all about, because God, you've certainly called me to do things I am very much unable to do by myself. So please take this weary struggle and may my eyes be fixed on you like and like the Israelites I say, I don't know what to do, but my eyes are on you and like that one dear man who got it, I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief.

Comments

Popular Posts