I think all of Christmas and what’s been going on here is best described in the pictures, so I’ll post as many as it will let me. It’s been a fun few months. Christmas begins December 1st around here and lasts for as long as there are programs to do or parties to go to. The different churches try to all choose a different day to have Christmas so people from as many of the other churches as possible can go. Christmas officially began for us on December 9th with our party at the government orphanage. We had lots of different relay races and then we watched the Christmas play the kids from the church orphanage did.
The Hospital, Church and Youth Center all had Christmas programs in the next two weeks. My friend Saluot and five of the kids from her house at the orphanage came to church with us for Christmas. We ended the quarter with a staff Christmas party after we cleaned the house. It’s been a nice time to rest since then. Some of my students came over and made Christmas cookies with me one afternoon.
And after a week of not being to the orphanage I went back and was greeted by choruses of children yelling my name. I love those guys. Two of the babies are still really sick though. Please pray for them.

Comments

Popular Posts