God is moving in Battambang . . .

I am teaching English at the orphanage- actually having a class of eager little students learning English at the orphanage. The first day was rough. I did not really have any idea what it was going to be like, but I love it. There are thirty beautiful little kids staring at you, repeating everything you say with loudness and enthusiasm. It’s great. I did not know if we would get much past them screaming “I like to eat banana!!” but we have already. They are so smart and so excited. We’re covering all sorts of topics these days and I haven’t sung this much “head and shoulders knees and toes in a long time.”

The youth center has also started up again and is so amazing. I am loving all of my students so much. The enrollment is so huge. I don’t exactly know how that’s working out. There are over 550 students registered right now. We had to move parking outside because it wasn’t possible to really put that many bikes and motos inside the fence. We have had to go out and buy more chairs several times. It’s great. My Bible class is growing. One day someone was coming to get a chair for his English class. He saw us on our mat in the garage and he went to tell his teacher he wanted to study the Bible instead. We have been talking about the story of God and God’s character. We’re stuck on Moses right now and I love it. My English class has about sixty students in it. We’re exploring questions in our writing like “Can God be your friend?” I love how hungry the students are for the truth and how many of them I feel like I want to pour more into.

The first international DTS in Cambodia is starting here very soon. The international students start arriving this weekend, the Khmer students come next week. There are about 30 of them coming and I am so excited to see God change their lives and this nation through them. We’ll see what happens.

It’s just all good these days. I want this nation for my inheritance. I want my kids at the orphanage- and they’re all my kids- to find God and run after him.

Comments

Popular Posts